Welcome to the PP Systems Plant Biology 2021 Virtual Meeting Page
PP Systems has been designing and manufacturing innovative instrumentation to enhance the research and educational experience of plant and soil scientists since 1984.
Please choose your area of interest below to learn how PP Systems is redefining the boundaries of life science research.
Photosynthesis & Chlorophyll Fluorescence
CIRAS-3 Enhancing the high-level field research experience
The demands of high-level field research have changed. Researchers have a lot of data to collect and analyze and not a lot of time. True portability, speed, and accuracy are key.
- The CIRAS-3 is the fastest and most accurate mobile system for simultaneous leaf gas exchange & chlorophyll fluorescence measurement.
- The CIRAS-3’s small system volume is optimized for high-level field performance.
- You have full control of CO2, H2O, temperature & light
- Perform rapid A/Ci curves in minutes with our innovative high-speed CO2 ramping technique
- Evaluating Physiological Responses of Viburnum Species to Salinity Stress
- Measuring Insect Respiration with CIRAS-3
- Using An External CO2 Source with CIRAS-3
- Measuring Avocado Responses to Environmental Stresses in South Florida
- Light Spectrum Affects Maximum Rate of Carboxylation & Electron Transport
- Single Leaf Gas Exchange with Arabidopsis thaliana
- Tests of Effects of CO2 Ramping Rate on A vs. Ci with CIRAS-3
- Some Considerations When Determining Leaf Gas Exchange Responses to Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD)
- High-Speed CO2 Ramping Technique | Rapid A/Ci Curves in Minutes
- Measuring Mesophyll Conductance During Photosynthesis in C3 Plants
- Physiology and vascular anatomy of different avocado genotypes relative to laurel wilt susceptibility
- Controlling humidity above ambient with the CIRAS-3 Portable Photosynthesis System
As accurate as it is portable!
Experience less site disturbance and easier access with CIRAS-3’s compact 4.5kg console (including both Li-ion battery packs) and 0.75kg cuvette. Learn more…
Measurements in seconds!
The CIRAS-3’s small system volume is optimized for the fastest, most accurate measurement of photosynthesis available. Learn more…
Ultra-fast A/Ci curves!
See how easy & streamlined the process is using our high-speed CO2 ramping technique with our CIRAS-3. Learn more…
TARGAS-1 The affordable solution for teaching & basic research
TARGAS-1 Portable Photosynthesis System
- Two non-dispersive infrared gas analyzers for CO2 & H2O ensuring accurate measurement & control of both CO2 & H2O.
- Gas analyzers employ a non-dispersive, infrared measurement technique & microprocessor-based signal processing to achieve excellent stability & specificity to CO2 & H2O.
- Our innovative “Auto-Zero” technology ensures fast warm-up, long-term stability, accuracy & analyzer calibration.
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery for up to 10 hours of field operation.
- USB flash drive for easy data transfer to your PC.
- Innovative, large, touch display features simple, intuitive system navigation
- Excellent viewing under bright sunlight.
Ideal for rapid, large-scale screening of samples in the field or greenhouse!
Looking for a highly portable continuous-excitation chlorophyll fluorometer that’s easy to use?
The Handy PEA+ is a compact, highly portable chlorophyll fluorescence analyzer ideal for rapid, large-scale sample screening in the field or greenhouse for research and teaching applications.
- Compact (170 x 85 x 40mm), lightweight (565gms)
- Large-scale screening capacity up to 1000 full trace data files
- High time resolution detection for discrimination of fast chlorophyll fluorescence induction kinetics
- Saturating high intensity focused LED array for accurate determination of Fmax
- Upload user-defined, repeatable protocols for auto field execution
- Interchangeable sensor unit cables with lengths of up to 20 m
- Powerful Windows® data transfer & analysis software included
Ultra-accurate chlorophyll fluorescence measurement in the palm of your hand
Rapid screening capability with single-button operation. Highly portable & easy to use!
Suitable for teaching, research & a variety of commercial applications, the robust Pocket PEA Chlorophyll Fluorometer’s compact hand-held design is reliable & easy to use.
- Rapid screening capability with single button operation & storage of up to 200 full data sets
- Automatic parameter calculation including Fv/Fm & OJIP analysis
- Robust enclosure with sealed, high-intensity optics
- 100kHz sampling frequency with 16bit resolution
- Bluetooth wireless data transfer as standard
- Powerful Windows® data transfer & analysis software included
Soil & Net Canopy CO2 Flux
CFLUX-1 No need for multiplexing chambers!
CFLUX-1 Automated Soil CO2 Flux System
A dedicated, self-contained system for long-term deployment & unattended operation for measurement of soil respiration. Ideal for both spatial & temporal analysis.
- Built-in CO2 & H2O infrared gas analyzers (IRGAs). No need for multiplexing chambers!
- Large hemispherical articulating chamber (2500 cm3)
- Precise control over chamber opening & closing at user-defined intervals
- Measure soil moisture & soil temperature along with flux data
- Easily monitor remotely from phone or computer—from anywhere!
- View sensor data & information via computer or mobile device
- Store data directly to a USB Flash Drive or external data logger
EGM-5 Highly portable, accurate & versatile!
EGM-5 Portable CO2 Gas Analyzer with SRC-2 Soil Respiration Chamber & STP-2 Soil Temperature Probe
The popular EGM-5 Portable CO2 Gas Analyzer is the ideal solution for soil CO2 efflux, net canopy CO2 flux & more!
- Quick setup & intuitive software
- Excellent stability & specificity to CO2.
- Minimal maintenance
- No need for factory recalibration
- Fast warm-up
- Long-term stability, accuracy, and analyzer calibration
- Compact and lightweight (1.5 kg)
- Rugged reliability under the harshest environmental conditions
- Energy-efficient, rechargeable Li-ion battery: Up to 16 hours of operation
- Large, high-contrast display for excellent readability in bright sun
- A miniature, long-life air sampling pump comes standard
See how fast & easy measurements are with the EGM-5!
Liquid-phase photosynthesis & respiration measurement with solid-state temperature control
Oxytherm+ is supplied in 2 versions; Oxytherm+R (Respiration) and Oxytherm+P (Photosynthesis).
Suited to measurements of cellular respiration and mitochondrial respiration
Additional functionality to provide optimum suitability for photosynthesis studies including 2 high-intensity white LED light sources for uniform sample illumination.
Each version is fitted with an advanced electronic oxygen electrode chamber with a specific feature set to suit the intended purpose.
- Precision sample and sensor temperature control between 3 – 40°C via an integral Peltier element
- Chamber temperature is configured from within the OxyTrace+ Windows software
- Actual chamber temperature is indicated on an LCD display mounted on the front panel of the Oxytherm+ electrode chamber
- A tricolor LED indicates if the chamber is cooling (blue), heating (red) or at set temperature (green)
- Oxytherm+ Photosynthesis version fitted with automated white LED light source up to 4,000 µmol m-2 s-1
- Cellular Respiration
- Mitochondrial Respiration
- Photosynthesis Studies
Liquid-phase photosynthesis & respiration measurement
The Oxygraph+ System provides a convenient yet powerful tool for measurements of oxygen evolution or uptake across a broad range of liquid-phase samples from chloroplast extractions to mitochondrial suspensions with oxygen concentrations up to 100%
- 24-bit resolution allows detection of minute changes in oxygen tension without needing to apply instrument gain
- Noise-free traces even when zoomed close in on areas of interest
- Real-time graphing of signals from auxiliary inputs and ion-selective electrodes
- Simultaneous comprehensive analysis of oxygen activity with signals such as pH, TPP+, calcium, potassium, and hydrogen ions
- Up to 8 individual Oxygraph+ control units may be linked to a single PC and operated simultaneously from
- OxyTrace+ software providing a powerful, multi-channel system