Since 1984, PP Systems has been considered a leader in the innovation, design, and manufacture of scientific instrumentation for the plant and soil sciences. Our instruments are in operation in over 100 countries worldwide and well documented in many prestigious scientific publications. Our corporate headquarters is based in Amesbury, Massachusetts which is located approximately 40 minutes from Boston in the heart of New England. If you are a team player and enjoy working in a small company environment we would love to hear from you.
PP Systems offers a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement package
- Profit sharing
- Friendly work environment
PP Systems is an equal-opportunity employer.
We currently have openings for the following position(s):
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER — Full Time
PP Systems is a global leader in the design and manufacture of scientific instrumentation for the plant and soil sciences. Our instruments are in operation in over 100 countries worldwide and well referenced in many prestigious scientific and peer-reviewed publications. To learn more about our company, visit us at www.ppsystems.com. We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our staff. This person should be a highly detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude who enjoys working in a small company environment offering high-level technical support to all customers.
Location: Amesbury, MA (Approx. 40 minutes north of Boston)
- You will report directly to the Director of Sales and will be very active in both technical sales and support of all PP Systems’ products including third-party products sold by the company.
- You will work with our engineering and R&D team assisting with new product development and testing for all products.
- This position requires frequent communication with scientific researchers, customers, and global distributors.
- You will be actively involved with business development and management of overseas distributors.
- Some travel is required (domestic and international) for conferences, product demonstrations, training customers and distributors, workshops, etc.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to incoming calls/emails from customers providing high-level technical and applications-related expertise and support
- Preparation of formal quotations including routine follow-up and support
- Participation in exhibitions and workshops
- Preparation and presentation of posters and oral talks related to PP Systems products at relevant conferences and workshops
- Provide technical training and product demonstrations to potential and existing customers (in-house and at customer sites)
- Work closely with our Marketing Manager to ensure proper marketing and promotion of all PP Systems products
- Work closely with our Director of Sales to develop business globally
- Grow and enhance our existing sales network including identification, creation, and training new distributors
- BS or MS
- Demonstrated ability to sell technical instrumentation
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Enjoy working in a small company environment
- Self-motivated and creative
- Detail oriented
- Dependable, flexible, reliable, and professional
- Willing to take on any task necessary
- Domestic and international travel required (approximately 5-10%) including some weekends
- We offer an excellent benefits package including vacation, health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(K), profit share, and a pleasant, casual working environment. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.