Since 1984, PP Systems has been considered a leader in the innovation, design, and manufacture of scientific instrumentation for the plant and soil sciences. Our instruments are in operation in over 100 countries worldwide and well documented in many prestigious scientific publications. Our corporate headquarters is based in Amesbury, Massachusetts which is located approximately 40 minutes from Boston in the heart of New England. If you are a team player and enjoy working in a small company environment we would love to hear from you.
PP Systems offers a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement package
- Profit sharing
- Friendly work environment
PP Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have openings for the following position(s):
SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER Full Time
Location: Amesbury, Massachusetts (approx. 40 minutes north of Boston).
We currently have a unique opportunity for an exceptional, multidisciplinary engineer to take on the position of Senior Product Design Engineer. If you are a team player, enjoy working in a small company environment, and would like to have your signature on all new product designs, we have an extraordinary opportunity for you.
Scope of Role
The Senior Product Design Engineer will manage the Engineering team incorporating new concepts through the product design phase and transitioning them to manufacturing. The candidate will also support existing products and processes with yield, cost, and performance improvements. The candidate will also be responsible for shaping the organization’s engineering systems and processes to achieve continuous improvement while preserving the responsive, professional atmosphere necessary to capitalize on customer and market opportunities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Help define new product requirements and specifications
- Direct project management through a structured development process
- Mechanical design of new handheld instruments, enclosures, and displays
- Electronic design and PCB layout
- Software design of embedded microcontrollers and user interfaces
- Incorporation of CE Mark requirements and testing on all products
- Liaison with outside contract designers as may be required
- All documentation for prototype and production designs (SolidWorks drawings, BOMs, Assembly, and Test Procedures)
- Sourcing of components and assembly of prototype units
- Verification test of prototypes to full product specification
- Transition and support new products to production (in-house technicians and/or contract manufacturers)
- Manage and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering and production team members
- Mentor the personal development of the engineering team to ensure ongoing growth of technical organizational and management skills
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in design, development, and manufacture of scientific instrumentation
- Design experience in small mechanical assemblies and/or instrumentation
- SolidWorks or other 3D CAD experience
- Familiarity with analog electronics (design and/or troubleshooting)
- PCB documentation and layout experience
- Working knowledge of C/C+
- Knowledge of, or at least an interest in, plant biology and the environment is a strong plus
We offer an excellent benefits package including vacation, health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(K), profit sharing as well as a pleasant, casual working environment. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.