EGM-5 Portable CO2 Gas Analyzer
The EGM-5 is a compact, lightweight instrument (1.5 kg) with a custom, rugged aluminum enclosure making it a very portable and durable product for demanding field measurements. Additionally, the EGM-5 features an integral, rechargeable 7.2V battery providing up to 16 hours of continuous operation in the field. The EGM-5 also features a miniature, long life air sampling pump that can be used for both dynamic and static measurements. Data can be recorded manually or automatically at user selected intervals.
The EGM-5 can be supplied with two different optical benches calibrated specifically to the range required. One bench is optimized for measurement ranges of CO2 up to 30000 ppm and another for ranges above 30000 up to 100000 ppm. For users that want to recalibrate the gas analyzer to a new level, this can easily be achieved as long as it is within the range for that particular optical bench.
The design of the EGM-5 ensures an inherent calibration stability that has been confirmed by over 35 years of experience in gas analysis technology. It features a non-dispersive, infrared measurement technique coupled with microprocessor based in signal processing resulting in precise measurement of CO2. Our innovative “Auto-Zero” technology and insulated, thermostatically controlled optical bench ensures fast warm-up, long term stability, accuracy and analyzer calibration.
The EGM-5 is an extremely versatile instrument that can be used with a range of optional sensors and chambers adding to measurement capability. The currently available options include:
Our GAS (Gas Analysis Software) allows users to monitor and record environmental sensor data from a PC.
- Ambient CO2 monitoring
- Soil CO2 efflux
- Net canopy flux
- Borehole monitoring of CO2
- Global change studies
- CO2 sequestration
- Forest & agricultural meteorology
- Air-sea surface exchange (pCO2)
- Animal/insect respiration
- Environmental toxicology
All electrical and pneumatic connections, power, CO2 scrubber, USB flash drive and terminal block are conveniently located on the rear of the EGM-5 console.
Main CO2 Measurement Screen
Monitor CO2 trends and flux rates
Monitor multiple sensors on one screen
- High precision, compact non-dispersive infrared CO2 analyzer with automatic temperature and pressure compensation
- CO2 ranges up to 100000 ppm (10%)
- Accuracy: < 1% of span concentration over calibrated range
- Lightweight and truly field portable (1.5 kg)
- Internal, rechargeable 7.2V lithium ion battery providing up to 16 hours continuous operation
- Built-in sampling pump with electronic flow sensor
- Numerical and graphical display of data
- Large, high resolution touch display with excellent readability under sunlight conditions
- Unlimited data storage using USB Flash drive (thumb drive)
- Voltage and digital (USB) output
- Visual and audible alarm (low and high)
An optional, rugged transport case is available for use with the EGM-5, as well as the SRC-2 Soil Respiration Chamber and HydraProbe II Soil Moisture & Soil Temperature Probe or STP-2 Soil Temperature Probe.