Loggers and Meters
Skye Instruments has been designing and manufacturing instrumentation for environmental monitoring, plant growth and agriculture for over 30 years. For sales and support on all Skye products and to determine which instrument best suits your application, please get in contact with PP Systems to speak to a products specialist. We look forward to being of assistance.
Did You Know…
that Skye Instruments Ltd. has been designing and manufacturing light sensors since 1983? Skye has a worldwide reputation for producing sensors to a high technical specification that are robust, durable and reliable. Every sensor is individually calibrated against, and traceable to National Standards. For research applications that demand a high technical specification, Skye sensors are among the best.
We are proud to announce the arrival of Apollo! Apollo is a hand-held meter specifically designed to allow easy readings of light sensors out in the field, come rain or shine. Its intuitive and clear interface lets users take direct and live readings from attached light sensors, has a customizable offset level, and can store configurations for up to 6 different sensors, which allows efficient use of time whilst taking multiple measurements.
Apollo can be used with any Skye UV sensors, as well as some sensors from other manufacturers, making it the perfect choice for radiation research, especially UV light measurements. If you already have a Skye sensor, or a compatible sensor, all you need is Apollo.
UV Sensors for use with Apollo
Three sensors designed to measure the UVA (315-400nm) and UVB (280-315nm) parts of sunlight, plus a UVI sensor designed to match the erythemal curve. Components used have been selected for their stability in a UV environment. The bandwidth characteristics are tailored to the ISO standard.
- Lightweight, hand-held meter for light and UV
- Instant reading-ready-configured for Skye sensors
- View & edit up to two units for measurements
- Will work with other commercially available sensors
- Easy to use, simple interface
- Store configurations for up to 6 different sensors
- Auto-ranging, auto adjusts significant figures
- Customizable features
The SpectroSense2 meters have been designed specifically for recording accurate light and radiation measurements, even at very low light levels. They are compatible with Skye’s own extensive range of sensors plus those from other manufacturers. The 4 line LCD display presents readings from up to 8 sensors or channels simultaneously by freezing the display and scrolling as necessary. These measurements can be either direct sensor measurements or ratios between pairs of sensor channels, e.g. for comparing light levels inside : outside; above canopy : below canopy; above surface : underwater; incident : reflected etc.
- SpectroSense2 is a 4-Channel meter for light sensors
- SpectroSense2+ is an 8-Channel logger and meter
- Designed for single channel, 2 channel or 4 channel sensors
- Can be used with light sensors from most manufacturers
- SpectroSense2 displays readings from 4 sensors or channels simultaneously. SpectroSense2+ displays and logs from 8 sensors or channels
- Displays sensor ratios for NDVI calculations
- Hold & store functions
- Ideal for ground truthing
SpectroSense2 + Meter/Logger
An affordable system for measurement of key vegetation indices (NDVI and PRI), ground truthing and mapping (shown with mounting pole).
SpectroSense2+ is an 8-channel logger & meter Designed for single channel, 2-channel, or 4-channel sensor types Can also be used with light sensors from most other manufacturers SpectroSense2+displays and logs from 8 sensors or channels Displays sensor ratios for NDVI calculations Hold & store functions Ideal for ground truth measurements.
- Logging display meter
- for visible and NIR
- light sensors
- Incident & reflected
- light measurements
- Matched to satellite
- Direct readout of
- Automatic logging of
- measurement location
- via GPS
- Ideal for ground truth measurements
The DataHog2 has a large storage memory and extended battery life to allow long term projects to be monitored at remote sites, or short term logging at frequent intervals.
The range of input types is varied – customers can use their own sensors or choose from Skye’s range of precision sensors. Choose combinations of single ended or differential voltage, current inputs or digital count. Channels can be individually programmed with logging.
- Small, versatile datalogger from one channel up to 16 channels
- Inputs can be combined with other types of sensor
- Enclosure is sealed to IP65 (i.e. weatherproof and
suitable for outside applications)
- Versions available with an integral light sensor
- Battery operated, with solar and mains power options
- Individually calibrated with its matching sensor
- LCD display which gives instantaneous readings of the light levels
- 3-way range switch to cover low, medium and high levels of light
- 2-channel version can display the ratio of one channel to the other
- Battery operated
- Supplied in a neat carrying case