Since 1984, PP Systems has been considered a leader in the innovation, design, and manufacture of scientific instrumentation for the plant and soil sciences. Our instruments are in operation in over 100 countries worldwide and well documented in many prestigious scientific publications. Our corporate headquarters is based in Amesbury, Massachusetts which is located approximately 40 minutes from Boston in the heart of New England. If you are a team player and enjoy working in a small company environment we would love to hear from you.
PP Systems offers a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement package
- Profit sharing
- Friendly work environment
PP Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have openings for the following position(s):
APPLICATION SCIENTIST Full Time Posted 05.25.18
Location: Amesbury, Massachusetts (approx. 40 minutes north of Boston).
- This person will be very active in both technical sales and support of PP Systems’ products as well as working closely with our engineering and R&D team managing new product development.
- The position requires frequent communication with scientific researchers and review of scientific literature to identify key problem areas in research for the development of new products and applications for existing products.
- New product development working closely with our engineering team, including product testing and validation.
- Develop new applications for existing products.
- Interact closely with customers to develop and maintain application notes related to the use of PP Systems’ products.
- Respond to incoming calls/emails from customers providing high-level technical and applications-related expertise and support including analysis of data.
- Participation in exhibitions and workshops (Domestic and International).
- Preparation and presentation of posters and oral talks related to PP Systems’ products at relevant conferences.
- Provide technical training sessions for potential and existing customers (in-house and at customer sites).
- Write and review technical documentation such as operation manuals, test procedures, and application notes.
- Ph.D. in a plant and soil science discipline or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years post-doc experience using photosynthesis related instrumentation for measurement of leaf gas exchange and chlorophyll fluorescence.
- Experience with computers, software, data loggers and statistical analysis software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English) and demonstrated ability to interact with the scientific community are very important. Ability to speak fluently in other languages a strong plus.
Some travel (Domestic and International) will be required from time to time.
Commensurate with experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including vacation, health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(K), profit sharing as well as a pleasant, casual working environment. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.